The Good Stuff - Chapter 2 - “ABC” (All ‘Bout Chardonnay)
The Good Stuff - Chapter 2 – “ABC” (All ‘Bout Chardonnay)
Our second “Good Stuff” tasting will take us to what is considered the most “noble” white grape varietal: Chardonnay
(arguably tied with Riesling, meine deutsche Freunde!)
Becoming almost too trendy in the Protected content and ‘90’s, this grape spurned the anti-movement “ABC” – “Anything But Chardonnay” – Ouch! Hmmm...had to be some reason...?
In this tasting we will go on a journey to see how today’s Chardonnay is interpreted by respected international wine-makers, and find out what styles you might enjoy best.
Six wines will be selected, we will have two bottles each, and taste two times to see how your impressions change and the wines evolve during the tasting.
The following wines will be served:
- Protected content Dehours Lieu-dit (Single vineyard) "Brisefer" Blanc de Blancs (Chardonnay) Extra Brut Champagne - FRANCE
(One bottle will be served as welcome apéritif)
- Protected content Lageder Chardonnay - Alto Adige - Südtirol - ITALY
- Protected content “1685” Chardonnay - Stellenbosch, Elgin Valley, Boschendal Farm - SOUTH AFRICA
- Protected content Private Reserve Chardonnay - Napa Valley, California - USA
- Protected content Bay Chardonnay - Marlborough - NEW ZEALAND
- Protected content Rebholz Hansjörg Rebholz Chardonnay « R » - Pfalz - GERMANY
- Protected content Meursault - Côte de Beaune - Burgundy - FRANCE
Light cheese and bread sticks will be provided for palate cleansing in the first round, along with still and sparkling water.
As we have learned from the last tasting(!) the second round will include more to eat, assorted cheese, Aufschnitt, etc., chosen to complement the wines.
The emphasis, as always, is on having fun, tasting very good wines, and sharing our thoughts and impressions.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.