Out of Your Comfort Zone: Surf the Atlantic
Shout out to all storm riders, time to hit the Atlantic again!
There are many details so, first few guidelines:
- If you are interested but not sure, this event is exception, DO accept the invitation so that you can post your questions and comments in the wall and be up-to-date.
IMPORTANT: I will arrive earlier and stay for about a month, however, hosting only for this week. If you really want to join, message me with your travel dates and I can advise you.
- It is very safe activity for beginners: you won't be taken to big waves at all and you are all the time under the supervision of qualified instructors. For those of us who are advanced or intermediate, we know the drill, no further explanation, you already know!
- You DO need to know how to swim and have a good health condition (specially your joints, wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees, ankle, feet) and have a good physical condition.
- It is September and it is the Atlantic. So come with the right expectations, is not the copa-cabana Caribe and the Atlantic is known for it's cold water. However, it has been a very warm summer, avg water temp is 19C.
- Wetsuits help but keep in mind if you suffer of hypothermia or get cold to fast, maybe is better you join as spectator.
- The event is open to the whole Internations, as previous times. Therefore people from other communities are welcome to join. Last year we got people from Switzerland, Germany, Canada and Holland.
- I won't be doing bookings on behalf of the group because of the unfortunate yet well-known lack of commitment and because of the very unfortunate poisonous members who like to spread lies and report that we are making a profit out of events. To avoid unnecessary trouble or confusion, each person needs to take care of own bookings.
- Disclaimer: I have no link nor association with the surfing school nor the accommodation places. I know the area very well and I know what to recommend, feel free to book other places if you find them more suitable.
Some photos from the previous trip
Make no mistake, surfing is more of a mindful practice rather than an extreme sport. In the beginning is all fun and splashes, then.... you'll see.
So, what are you waiting? If you are tired of the same old same old and have the courage to take up this challenge and try something new, exciting thrilling, then is time for you to get out of your comfort zone.
Something you will certainly remember for the rest of your lifetime!
Looking forward, storm riders!
With gratitude and excitement,
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.