InterNations Easter Bunnies: Food for Kids in Turkana
Dear Changemakers in Nairobi
Let’s touch the lives of kids who not their will, are abandoned/orphaned or seriously disadvantaged in Turkana.
Turkana stands out as one of the last remaining untouched places on earth.
A drought in this corner of Kenya has stopped all food production and food prices can cost more than a half-day’s-earning. (World Vision).
Due to food insecurity brought about by the persistent droughts, nutritious foods are not an option for the residents. Turkana county is among the most food-insecure places.
The most pressing health problem for Turkana’s children is malnutrition, marked by a deficiency of essential dietary needs.
- Meet over coffee at River Cafe on Saturday (a week before the Cyclists group leaves for Turkana)
- Then DONATE / BUY food donations together, which will be catalogued and shared by a volunteer attendee to all participants on both groups.
- Pictures of deliveries and receipts at the school will be shared too.
Urgent Needs: Food, Water
Other Needs: Books, Pens, Sanitary towels, etc.
How to Participate:
1. You can join us at Java to donate/buy the food,
2. You can courier items/books/toys for donation,
3. You can join the group delivering the food to the school in Turkana here: Protected content over Easter
(reach out for details)
If buying food please bring Cash/MPesa.
See you soon!
Nairobi Cyclists & Thrillseekers Group
Nairobi Coffee Lovers Group.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.