International Women's Day 2019
How do we achieve a truly gender-balanced world?
Let's celebrate the International Women's Day and attend the TED-Style Talks event on this theme. Each speaker talks for about 10 mins. At the end, we have a panel discussion with all speakers.
1. "Are we creating gender unbalance in the name of 'balance'?"
- Shahed Abujwaied (founder/CEO of Integrate Women International)
2. "Addressing the victimisation of women and encouraging them to become confident individuals"
- Cate Garcia (women’s, LGBTQI and human rights activist)
3. "A brief history of women's rights: a short tour down through
history of women's role in society and how it informs us today"
- Glenys Earle (yoga teacher and natural health therapist)
4. "Progress towards a gender equal NZ"
- Arna Metcalfe (mother, teacher, activist and board member of National Council of Women)
We gather over snacks at 6:30pm for a 7pm start to the talks. Please bring along $5 entry fee to cover event costs.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.