You will enjoy the beautiful view of the mountain (shown in the photo on the left) while having lunch. The cover photo was taken by me while I was having lunch on the mountain a long time ago.
This mountain is rocky and some sections are steep, but very beautiful.
There are some small rocks (2~3 meter high) you can climb up along the hiking trail and there are mostly by-passes if you don't want to climb up small rocks. But several spots of the hiking trail do not have by-passes and you have to climb up small rocks using handrails that are made of steel ropes. It’s not dangerous, though.
At the top of the mountain, there is a steep valley called ‘Y valley’ but it is actually shaped like a letter ‘V’. It is very steep and it literally looks like a letter ‘V’. This would be a highlight of the hiking. Even though I haven’t measured the depth of the valley, it would be approximately 30m ~ 50m deep and you have to use steel rope handrails. If you don’t want to go through this valley, there is a by-pass.
We are going to have lunch around 1PM so please make sure you have enough breakfast.
After we get down from the mountain, we can have dinner together at a local restaurant if you want.
I’m going to have a small group of people for this activity for safety reasons. If you couldn’t join this time, don’t worry there will be a next chance.
Please read the following details carefully and prepare yourself for safe mountain hiking.
- Some info about the mountain -
Mountain Height : 740m (2,426 ft)
Difficulty : Moderate (You need to use arms and legs at the same time at some sections of the mountain.)
Total Walking Distance : approx. 8 Km
Total Hiking Duration : approx. 6~7 hours (2~3 hours up, 2~3 hours down, 1.5~2 hours of lunch and rest)
- What you need to prepare -
1. Clothes : Wear layers of clothes. (You need to keep your body cool whiling walking up steep sections of the mountain and keep your body warm whiling having lunch.)
: Wear long sleeves and long pants to protect your skin from rocks and trees. You don’t want to get scratched by harsh surfaces of rocks.
2. Gloves : You need to wear hiking gloves to protect your hands from rocks, trees, and handrails. Handrails are made of steel wires. (If you don’t have one, don’t worry. You can buy a pair of hiking gloves around 5,000 won near by the meeting point. There are so many shops.
3. Shoes : Hiking boots required. This mountain is rocky and some sections are steep. You must wear appropriate footwear such as hiking boots to be safe.
4. Water : Bring enough water for yourself. Three 500ml bottles of water recommended. You don’t want to be thirsty on a mountain.
6. Personal Hiking Mat : You will feel much better to sit on a personal hiking mat instead of cold ground or rocks. If you don’t have one, you can buy on at a store near by our meeting point. It costs only 1,000 won (US$1).
7. Lunch : Bring enough lunch for yourself. If you don’t have time to prepare your lunch at home, you can buy rolls of Kimbap (김밥) near by the meeting point. It costs approx. 2,500 won per roll of Kimbap. Usually 2 rolls of Kimbap are good enough for most of men.)
8. Snacks : Bring your own snacks if you need them.
- LIABILITY -
While the hosts of the activity will try to guide participants for safe hiking, the hosts or InterNations are not liable for any injuries or accidents that may occur during hiking. Please be aware that you are responsible for your own safety and need to be careful while hiking.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.