The Oxford Circular : Level 3 Moderate
Join us for a decent on-road ride (with optional off-road section) starting and finishing in Oxford with a possibility of having a meal afterwards.
As many of us will be coming from Reading by train, we can arrange to go together from Protected content , bearing in mind that there may be restrictions of the number of bikes on the train.
Being a Level 4 road ride, this will take place mainly on country lanes with a few more major roads when necessary with a few challenging hills, but probably a total climb of no more than Protected content . The pace will be moderate, probably around Protected content average, but we will wait for everybody.
We will cycle for around 4 hours, with a stop off on the way for tea/coffee and cakes and cover around Protected content . This ride is suitable for people who are used to being in the saddle for a few hours and who have good fitness an good energy levels through regular cycling, gym or other physical activity.
For those who want to stay later, we can go for a meal in Oxford, at a venue to be decided.
What to bring:
- Hybrid bike or Road bike in good working condition - bike check before the ride.
- Helmet and appropriate clothing, including shoes, gloves, glasses and waterproofs
- Good quality front and rear lights, fully charged, as it will be dark when we return
- Water Bottle or Camelback as well as snacks (fruit, cereals, energy bars, electrolytes)
- Advisable: spare inner tube, puncture repair kit, mobile phone. Important to know:
You agree to abide by the group code of conduct, to wear the necessary safety equipment. You agree that you are responsible for your own safety and that of others.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.