Chilterns Hilly 100 Challenge
Inspired by the Audax organized event of a similar name - we are hosting our own event cycling through country lanes through the Chilterns totaling about Protected content and some seriously steep hills! We will do the ride together as a group or possibly split into two depending on participants but will regroup at designated pit-stops (chosen cafés or pubs).
It will not be a race or a time trial, but you need to make sure you are fit enough and have the stamina for this one. Don't let this put you off!! I will be doing some unofficial training rides myself throughout June (evenings mainly) so please get in touch and join me on those if you are not sure about joining this event.
Make sure you bring:
- Make sure you have a road bike in good mechanical condition.
- Spare inner tubes for your bike and a pump.
- Suitable cycle clothing including change of layers and waterproof top.
- Must wear a helmet.
- Plenty of snacks: fruit, nuts, energy bars, gels etc as you prefer.
- At least 2 water bottles/or large hydration bladder with electrolytes and/or energy drinks.
- Sun cream
- Mobile phone/ smartphone with mapping in case we get separated. I will send out a gpx file of the route for those who wish to use a mapping App such as Strava or Viewranger.
- Lights, just in case!
More detailed information closer to the time.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.