Scottish Country Dancing
Welcome to another Scottish dance event in Mainz!
Both advanced dancers and beginners are cordially invited to join us for jigs, reels, strathpeys and some waltzes. Scottish Country Dance is danced to traditional Scottish music in groups of 4 to 10 people and includes frequent changes of partners. So you can come on your own -- we will make sure that you will get to dance with many different people. :-)
In general, our dance evenings include:
- introduction to the history of Scottish Country Dancing and the basic steps
- learning two or three jigs and reels from scratch
- practising an easy waltz or polka
- if enough experienced dancers are present: dancing a more complicated quick time dance or strathpey
- good company and patient teachers
The events are FREE OF CHARGE as we have been invited to use a school gym. However, the caretaker asks us to wear indoor sneakers at all times. For Scottish Country Dancing, ballet or gymnastics slippers ("soft shoes") work best.
Internationally, the Scottish Country Dancing heritage is preserved by the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society who offer interesting background information on their website: Protected content
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.