Cycling along Erft - Nettersheim to Neuss (115km)
Again we will start from the heart of the Eifel mountain range to the Rhine, however this time following a different route. The path follows a Protected content route along the Erft river, from its source in the small Eifel town of Nettersheim-Holzmülheim through to Neuss near its confluence with the Rhine, past numerous water castles, sumptuous palaces and relics of the Roman era and industrial history. The Erft cycle route is true to its name, and follows the course of the river almost the entire time, through impressive natural landscapes and pretty little towns.
Who is up for the challenge?
We'll leave from Cologne (by train) to Nettersheim. From there we'll cycle for 115km to Neuss. Once arrived in Neuss we will take a train back to Cologne.
Meeting Points (2 options):Protected content
Hope you can make it & looking forward to this cycling trip!
Nitty Gritty Stuff:
* Safety First: wearing a helmet is highly recommended for safety reasons
* Please make sure your bike is suitable and in good condition. You should carry a tire pump, a repair kit or a tube with you (and be able to use it!). In case of mechanical problems we will all help to resolve the issue. In severe cases where a repair is not possible we won't leave anyone behind alone but bring enough cash with you to get you home safely.
* Please carry enough water and snacks with you. We will stop for a break on the way. Also take sun screen.
* Speaking of weather: so far the weather forecast looks excellent, so nothing to worry about. Nonetheless check the wall for last minute cancellations and announcements.
* This ride takes place at your own risk; there is no liability for any personal injury and property damage.
* Only sign up if you are pretty sure that you will attend and cancel as early as possible if you can't make it; thereby allowing someone else to join instead. Thank you :)
* Most of the track is on paved (cycling) paths, some gravel included. For a small segment of the track no cycling path is available and we will have to stay on the (main) road.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.