Afternoon Conversation with Prosecco on 12 Rules for Life
For our next gathering, we will cover the remaining 9 rules for life in “12 Rules for Life - An Antidote to Chaos”,
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Tell the truth, or at least don't lie.
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t.
- Be precise in your speech.
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
The discussion will begin with reflection on the concept of ““sustained inattentional blindness” and the following excerpt from the book: “We only see what we aim at. The rest of the world (and that’s most of it) is hidden. If we start aiming at something different—something like “I want my life to be better”—our minds will start presenting us with new information, derived from the previously hidden world, to aid us in that pursuit. Then we can put that information to use and move, and act, and observe, and improve. And, after doing so, after improving, we might pursue something different, or higher—something like, “I want whatever might be better than just my life being better.” And then we enter a more elevated and more complete reality.”
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.