Discover the Hidden Gem of Swara Plains (Day-trip)
Home to over 3,000 animals & Protected content . Private access to 20,000 acres of wild.
This sanctuary is one of the only conservancies that don't keep dangerous animals - which is making exploring this area on foot or cycling, popular.
The lodge is open again for day trips!
Join us & let’s explore.
Distance from Nairobi: 68km; 2hr comfy drive in Athi River
Distance to be covered on the bike: 16km total, 2hrs morning cycling
Self drive / Carpool option
MAIN FEATURES OF THE EVENT
1. Group temperature check at Protected content
2. We will use both self drive & car pool. Cost indicates either options
3. Arrive at 10.30am and mingle over a cup of tea or coffee.
4. Cyclists will head out on a guided tour at 11am. If not cycling there is a range of things to do: walking, bird watching, game drive, volley ball, badminton, pool, tennis, a hammock and board games. Swimming pool closed (covid).
5. Return to the lodge to enjoy a pre-lunch drink. Lunch is served at 1pm. We will get our own socially distanced spot.
6. In the afternoon we can go fishing at one of the 8 dams with boat rentals or do a river tour, or just relax at the garden.. lets discuss on site.
7. Watch the evening sunset at the garden with sweeping views across the tea fields to the beautiful Ngong Hills.
The cost package caters for:-
-Well-serviced mountain bikes - on site
-BBQ Lunch with vegetarian options
You can buy drinks at the venue.
Thanks for the interest and welcome!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.