Experience the First Commercial Tea Farm in Kenya (Day Trip)
Let's explore this hidden gem so close to Nairobi!
The farmhouse is set within beautiful flower gardens surrounded by acres of tea, hills, and an indigenous forest.
Look out for the endangered Colobus monkeys and wander in the flower gardens which are home to a wide variety of birds!
Situated at 2,200m, the farm was bought and farmed since Protected content generations have lived there, somehow managing to keep the original look.
Distance from Nairobi: 30km, 1hr comfy drive
Distance on the bike: 16km, 2hrs morning leisure cycling through a village
Terrain: Easy - medium terrain, hilly
(venue attendants observe Covid-19 regulations)
THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE EVENT
1. Arrive and have a cup of tea/coffee/chocolate.
2. Choose to cycle/walk, join a group and head out with the guide
3. We will later join other groups for a relaxing guided tour through the plantation and forest from 11 am.
Identify various plants and how they are used traditionally, the history of the farm, and the Kenyan English culture
4. Learn the process of making tea, different blends, and tea tasting
5. A buffet lunch is usually set in the garden at 1 pm
Enjoy a cold drink with sweeping views across the tea fields to the famous Ngong Hills.
6. Get back to Nairobi by 4 pm.
The cost caters for:
- Well-serviced mountain bikes
- Beautiful Tea Plantation farmhouse venue
- Cultural experience with local guides
- Buffet lunch, wine, and various drinks
Weather can change so layering is advised.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.