Building A Meaningful Relationship During Lockdown
Building A Meaningful Relationship During Lockdown:
An open discussion on the trials and successes of dating in lockdown.
What are your experiences and expectations?
Share your successes and suggestions.
If numbers permit we will use breakout rooms to get to know each other in small groups.
Tips for dating in Lockdown:
1. Go on The Second Date, Even If You Didn’t Feel That Spark on The First Date:
* Many of the best couples don’t spark on first dates as some people take longer to open up and show who they are.
* This is especially true right now when more daters are feeling stressed and anxious during the pandemic.
* Don’t let someone great pass you by just because they aren’t instantly charismatic in that first meeting.
2. Watch Out for Red Flags — Rushing Through Relationship Milestones:
* Make sure someone is really trying to get to know you for you who are and not just looking for someone to fill the role of a future partner.
* Don’t rush through relationship milestones, like building report and emotional bonds.
3. Be Honest with Yourself Entering into Your New Relationship:
* If you’re considering being exclusive with someone, take a moment to reflect on your dating journey with that person.
* What are your real motivations?
* Do you want to be with this person, or do you just not want to be alone?
* Are you running to this person or away from being single?
* How do you feel about this person?
* Can you be yourself around them?
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.