Explore the Cultural and History Town of Badagary
Badagary is one of the ancient cities of Nigeria established in the 15th Century and widely known as a slave trade harbour. Its coastal proximity supported its vibrancy and many relics remain of that era. Ironically it's the 1st city where Christianity took its roots and education was established.
The Out of Africa Project is embarking on an exploration to see the many sites of Badagary that tells the story of an era that bittersweet era that existed long before on 16th Protected content of September Protected content these include visits to;
1. The 1st building in Nigeria where the bible was translated by Bishop Ajayi Crowther.
2. The site where Christianity was preached.
3. A visit to the first primary school and church in Badagary.
4. Several families owned slave holding locations - Mobee Family Slave Museum ( A slave trader)
Protected content Abbas Compound ( a holding for dissident slaves)
5. Lagoon Crossing and Walk to the point of No return.
7. Visit the 1st Primary School in Nigeria.
8. Drive by the Akran of Badagary's Palace.
9. Enjoy the serenity and Sleep over at the Whispering Palms Resort.
10. An evening of a bonfire, cultural dances, dinner and partying.
11. Morning water sports breakfast, market visit and departure.
Cost N25, Protected content rooms) N32,000.00 (single rooms)
Cost covers transport accommodation, entry to tour sites, lunch, dinner and breakfast.
Further information on rendezvous point and departure will be communicated directly to interested members.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.