A Weekend of Cycling and Fun
Dear cycling friends,
I’m excited to let you know the plan a friend and I have organised for this weekend.
- Leaving Geneva on Saturday at 10 on the dot.
- Cycling to Nyon (around 1.5 hours), having a swim in Nyon, lunch at a restaurant and perhaps a sobremesa (after all we’re Spaniards!).
- Leaving Nyon at 2pm towards Lausanne (around 2.5 hours), with one stop for coffee of 1 hour when the group decides it.
- Arriving in Lausanne at around 6pm. Shower and ready for dinner on a terrace in Lausanne. We stay the night there (you’d have to book your own room in advance at a hostel, Airbnb, Couchsurfing or possibly stay at a friend’s).
- Leaving on Sunday morning from Lausanne at 10am and cycling straight to Montreux (2 hours approx.), where we’ll have lunch at a restaurant.
Then there are some options to choose from:
1) Train back to Geneva.
2) Boat to Evian and cycling from Evian to Geneva (cycling around 2.5 hours), avoiding the part of the French road that is both narrow and dangerous (no bike lane).
3) Continue to cycle around the lake to Geneva (around 5.5 hours).
- As of today, the weather forecast seems to be excellent for cycling (sunny but not too hot, between 15 and 23 degrees).
- Don’t forget your swimming costume for a possible dip in Nyon and your nice and clean clothes for dinner in Lausanne.
- A short yoga class might be arranged upon request and time available. I’m not a specialist, but I can show you some yoga positions that are great for stretching.
- The idea is to enjoy the experience rather than having a specific objective or going hyper fast (around 17km/h). It’s essential to keep a positive and fun attitude so that everyone can enjoy the best version of you :)
As with every other event, by signing up, you release me from all responsibility in case of accidents, injuries, illnesses and disappointments that you might experience during this activity. I am not a professional travel agent or sports/cycling guide. Just using this platform to have fun and bring people with similar interests together and to enjoy outdoor activities. Join at your own risk. You are responsible for your own safety and your own satisfaction during this event.