Ideas Exchange: Tell Me Your Religion, I’ll Tell You Who You Are
LAST DEBATE OF THE SEASON!
Are you in favour of killing a human being? If your answer is: generally very much against, but if they denied the existence of… in favour!, it’s quite likely that your opinion is informed by a religion or other kind of ideology.
Why is it that nowadays, when we understand so much about the universe that surrounds us, religion, our rebellion or indifference towards it describes us to such an extent?
We’ll get together and with coffee or other beverage in hand talk to other human beings that are as passionate as ourselves about finding answers.
Some subjects we’ll touch on:
• Why do some people define themselves nearly exclusively by their religion?
• Why are there people who say they belong to a religion, but they never practice it?
• Why do most people need certainty in their life?
• Why do we think we have the right to impose our religion on others?
• Why are there (nearly) no religions where women play the dominant role?
• Why have monopolistic religions been more successful than those that celebrate diversity?
• Will religion be relevant in the future?
• Religion – a force for good or evil?
Upon finishing the get-together, we will have drawn closer to the reasons that underlie the need for a religion in humans and will have shared our personal experiences.
We will meet at 7 PM, Protected content
Everyone is welcome, together with their plus ones, ideas and perspectives.
• 7:00 – 7:20: Welcome and initial chat
• 7:20 – 9:50: Discussion in groups
• 9:50 – 10:00: Selfie time, close
My WhatsApp: Protected content
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.