An Introduction for Consuls if you would like to try out Zoom...
If you're interested in taking a look at Zoom to dip your toe in the water, then come and join us!
I will send you a link so you can join prior to the meeting. The software setup is very simple and good for non-geeks!
This session is intended for Consuls who might be interested to try an Online "lets say hello to each other from our safe distances", and to share some tips as to what to avoid.
My first tip for Consuls is, as a courtesy to the other participants, to ask your participants to switch off any Virtual Backgrounds and in particular, any Virtual Video Backgrounds. I would ask that here too. It is exceedingly distracting and inhibits the natural conversations that you've spent ages trying to set up!
It is good to have a shared focus, whether it be a book, or a glass or wine, or a movie... (note that participants can be shy of eating!)
So bring a glass of water/beer/wine!
What you can do:
* choose a co-Host or co-Hosts to help you
* create rooms to keep the numbers of participants in a conversation to a comfortable ratio. (You may enjoy talking to a room of 300... but this might not be the aim of most social IN activities!)
* how to keep the technology simple for most non-tech users when creating an activity
* managing the discussions without being the focus of the discussion
* viewing your participants and showing them how to view the 'room'
* choosing your dress code
* lighting is everything!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.