Virtual Roundtable Discussion: Target Audience
“Writer and speaker must know as much as possible about the people they are trying to reach with their message, regardless of its method of delivery.”
Audience awareness is something that is clearly important when it comes to technical writing and journalism, but how important is it for creative/fiction writing?
Beyond this initial question, here are some additional questions that will be behind our Zoom-based round-table discussion Monday evening:
1. With what purpose do you write? Who are you communicating to?
2. How do you determine who you are communicating to?
3. How much do you tailor your message to your target audience? Is it important to adjust your writing to your audience, or should your audience simply find you?
4. How will your audience find you?
5. Do you compromise creativity for the sake of marketing, or vice versa?
This facilitated round-robin discussion will be a bit more philosophical in approach, but hopefully it will also help you answer practical questions that you’ll face whenever you (next) reach the stage of putting your writing out for the world to buy. The approach here is that there are no right answers, but understanding the strengths of your own answers will be useful.
Raid your pantry beforehand… coffee, drinks, snacks, etc., are all encouraged. But most importantly, bring your thoughts and let’s chat.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.