Day-trip by Train: LopBuri
One of Thailand's oldest cities, Lopburi developed during the Dvaravati period (6c Protected content , known as Lavo. today's ruins is the architecture of the subsequent Khmer and Ayuthaya empires. King Narai Protected content rebuild it as a 2nd capital of Ayuthaya period being abundant once again after his reigning. Nevertheless, it brought about advances in architecture, astronomy and literature. (one hour north of Ayutthaya)
- Board to train (departing platform TBD) 7:45
- Depart BKK 8:00 from Hua Lamphong Train station
- Arrive to Lopburi train station 10:30
- Breakfast at the local Thai cafe
- Walk to enjoy a excursion in the ancient 2nd capital
Protected content Phra Is Ratana Mahathat
Protected content Lopburi Museum, former royal palace Phra Maria Ratchaniwet
- Lunch at neighborhood Guesthouse
- Monkey Magic: Prang Sam You and make a wish at Vishnu Temple at San Phra Kan. remember to take off your hat and hold down to your bag. these creatures not only curious, they are known for grabbing everything they can.
- 15:30 Stop by for a refreshments drink/snack coconut, fruit, near/at train statin
- Depart Lopburi 17:00 by train returning to BKK at 19:30
day trip essentials: hat, water, snack, comfortable shoes/clothes, extra t-shirt (optional), small backpack.
sign up responsibly for this event. in case if you are singed up and will NOT show up - you are responsible for the full cost of the trip.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.