Sunday Meditation and a Film
We almost inevitably begin meditation because we want our mind to be calmer. We want to feel more relaxed, less stressed out, and live healthier. Although that’s a very good reason to begin meditation, it’s limiting in some way as well, because meditation is bigger than that, there is much more we can experience. Meditation is the training ground for learning mindfulness.
Every time we sit, it’s about understanding our own mind, and in understanding our own mind, understanding the mind of others a little more, deepening our sense of empathy and compassion. We are meditating not only for our own sanity, but for the benefit of all sentient beings, to use Andy Puddicombe’s (Headspace) words.
When we start our day with a meditation, we are giving ourselves the best opportunity to be fully aware, fully awake, and fully alive before "doing" anything. We are cultivating peace of mind and happier relationships where we are kinder and less judgmental of ourselves and others. And yes, it can be an antidote to stress too.
Let's meet for a guided group meditation, followed by a Dharmette (a short Dharma talk from online sources), after which we may share some thoughts if we want to. Optional: We can see the movie "Moving into the Infinite" afterwards - Protected content
• Meditation newcomers welcome. Zafu’s, mats and also chairs available.
• Meditation is not a “religious” practice. Anyone can join, regardless of creed.
• Bring comfortable clothes, change room available.
• Recommended: Eat nothing or very little before meditating.
• Please arrive on time Protected content doors will be closed. Consider time to finding parking if you come by car.
• We are invited to use the rooms of Agentur Shanti Yoga Studio basically free of charge, however, a small donation as contribution to rent/electricity is welcome.
I know, it's Sunday, and it's early, but hey, mornings are best for meditation... wake up – for your mind :)
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.