Bengaluru Bird Day 2017
Bengaluru Bird Day is a full-day with walks, talks and workshops on birds and birdwatching. This informal event is put together by the birdwatching community in Bangalore to commemorate the birthday of Dr. Joseph George, who started the group birdwatching effort in Bangalore. The event is completely free of cost and open to all.
The day long event will culminate in the Dr. Joseph George Memorial Talk titled ‘Themes and Trends in Indian Environmentalism’.
- 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM - Birdwatching: Bird Walk for School Children
- 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM - Birds, bird-watching and nature conservation: experiences of a tropical biologist in South and Southeast Asia — Talk by Sheshadri K. S.
- 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM - Kerala Bird Atlas — Talk by Praveen J.
- 11:15 AM to 11:30 AM - Coffee / Tea Break
- 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM - Exploring the wonders of bird behaviour — Talk by Suhel Quader
- 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM - Lunch & Networking
- 2:00 PM to 4:15 PM - Introduction to Bird Sketching Workshop by Prasad Natarajan
- 4:15 PM to 4:30 PM - Coffee / Tea Break
- 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM - Bird management at airports today — Talk by Mahesh Iyer
- 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Coffee / Tea Break & Networking
- 6:00 PM to 7:45 PM - Dr. Joseph George Memorial Talk — Themes and Trends in Indian Environmentalism by Dr. Ramachandra Guha
- 7:45 PM to 8:00 PM - Thanksgiving
More details can be found at : Protected content