Riverside Walk From Shepperton To Richmond [14.5 miles (23 km)]
Join this Saturday adventurous walk through the most scenic, natural and breathtaking parts of London and its River Thames. This walk is about 14.5 miles Protected content long.
You haven't seen London if you haven't walked along the River Thames. And you haven't seen the best of the River Thames if you haven't beheld its quaint and quiet towns Walton, Hampton, Kingston and Richmond.
NOTE: If you haven't done long walks before, you may find this a bit difficult just because of its length. You can catch a bus or train back to London if you get tired.
1) Meeting point is at Protected content
I suggest to take 09:12 train from London Waterloo to Shepperton. This train arrives to Shepperton at 10:03. Please board 2nd carriage to meet fellow walkers.
In Shepperton we will take a ferry to cross the river. Ferry crossing cost is 2.50£. Please bring cash.
2) What to bring:
-Appropriate walking clothes and comfortable footwear (ideally hiking boots).
-Waterproof and windproof jacket (depends on weather).
-Sun cream and sun hat (if required).
-A packed lunch, snacks and plenty of water. We are planning to have a have lunch in a pub or a picnic .
-Personal first aid kit and medication (if required).
3) Please note that walking carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health, perfectly fit, can keep up a good pace and accept this risk. Please do not RSVP if you are unfit.
4) Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
5) This walk may be cancelled due to bad weather but I will keep everyone informed.
6) Feel free to text or WhatsApp meProtected content if you have any questions.
7) Please bear in mind this is a free of charge. It is not organized by a business nor any entity with commercial purposes.
Trip details, travel advice, route planning, instructions and other content merely represent my personal knowledge, research and suggestions.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.