Rendang is a slow cooked food and commonly beef takes more than 5 hours to cook it. Sometimes it takes until 10 hours.
But we also can cook it with chicken. It takes about 30 minutes to cook.
You can find the ingredients at Asia supermarkets and some of them are also available at Edeka.
The food originally is from West Sumatera and always rich with ingredients.
Aromatics (process into a coarse paste):
Protected content red chilies without seeds (if you don’t like spicy)
Protected content / 2 big red onions
- 5 garlic
- 3 cm ginger
- 4 tsp turmeric powder / 2 cm fresh
- 1 Tbsp galangal powder / 1 cm fresh
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 Tbsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder (2 pcs seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Thai Chili or more if you like spicy
- 5 kemiri (candle nuts)
- 3 fresh bay leaves / 6 dry bay leaves
- 3 stalk lemongrass
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 5 pcs cloves
- some salt, paper and Tamarind
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.