Bukit Kutu (Difficulty Level : Moderate*)
Hey guys! With the increasing concern on the difficulty level of hikes, we have introduced this scale that would give you a better idea of what you are signing up to.
Easy : Walking around the shopping mall
Moderately Easy : Walking around the shopping mall for half a day without using lift.
Moderate : Walking around the shopping mall for half a day without using lift or escalator.
Moderately Hard : Walking around the shopping mall for a whole day without using lift or escalator.
Hard : Walking around the shopping mall for a whole day without using lift or escalator and carrying 5kg weight.
Bukit Kutu, located near Kuala Kubu Bharu and the Selangor dam, is a jewel amongst the mountains of the Titiwangsa range. It offers hikers a magnificent Protected content panoramic view at an altitude of almost 1,100 meters. But in order to reach the top, we have to climb more than Protected content in less than six kilometres. This challenging hike has it all: moderate to steep sections, knee deep river wading, fallen trees and bamboo, even a tiny bit of rock climbing... After the descent there will be time to bathe in the river near the car park.
This is a hike which is not really suited for “beginners”, but “less experienced hikers” certainly can give it a go. However, physical fitness is a prerequisite. Ascent would take about 3 hours and about Protected content on the way down.
So! A few tips you might want to pay attention to.
- wear shoes with profile (a pattern on the soles to prevent slipping and gliding). Adidas Kampung is fine.
- rain gear is recommended
- bring a towel and some dry clothes/shoes and leave it in the car - passengers also bring some newspapers and towels in order to keep your driver's car as clean as possible
- we have to cross at least one stream (taking off shoes necessary)
- pack all your sensitive stuff in your backpack in plastic bags
- bring enough drinks and snacks (carbohydrates). For this hike you will need at least 3 liters of drinks. Dried fruits are preferred over chocolate...
- leech protection is recommended
Once you RSVP, you will be able to see my number. Please whatsapp me so I can add you to the whatsapp group for transport arrangement.
We will also need to apply for permit, so as soon as you have decided to join, please send me your full name, nationality, passport number, emergency contact. Permit will cost RM10 per pax. I will communicate with you on payment.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.