Lata Perting Waterfall (Difficulty Level : Easy*)
Hey guys! With the increasing concern on the difficulty level of hikes, we have introduced this scale that would give you a better idea of what you are signing up to.
Easy : Walking around the shopping mall
Moderately Easy : Walking around the shopping mall for half a day without using lift.
Moderate : Walking around the shopping mall for half a day without using lift or escalator.
Moderately Hard : Walking around the shopping mall for a whole day without using lift or escalator.
Hard : Walking around the shopping mall for a whole day without using lift or escalator and carrying 5kg weight.
Perting waterfall, also known as Lata Hammers near Bentong is one of the nicer camping spots. It is less than an hour drive through Karak highway and has been a rather well kept place due to its inaccessibility. Off the old trunk road that connects Bukit Tinggi to Bentong, the road leading to the trail head to Lata Hammers is unpaved, sloppy, extremely muddy during rainy season and littered with pot holes. All these ‘features’ and the fact that it is another hour hike in to the waterfall has kept the place rather pristine, until recently with bikes driving up to the waterfall... pffff.
Anyway, we will see how crowded the place is, I know of a trail that we can hike upstream to a quiet pool all to ourselves. :)
So its an easy hike, 1:30hr it said on the website, but us, I think we can easily get there within 45mins to an hour. It has a huge pool so we can swim in it. Can also get high up and jump in! Feel free to bring some food, you can have a picnic there. :)
So! A few tips you might want to pay attention to.
- wear shoes with profile (a pattern on the soles to prevent slipping and gliding). Adidas Kampung is fine.
- rain gear is recommended
- bring a towel and some dry clothes/shoes and leave it in the car - passengers also bring some newspapers and towels in order to keep your driver's car as clean as possible
- pack all your sensitive stuff in your backpack in plastic bags
- bring enough drinks and snacks (carbohydrates). For this hike you will need at least 3 liters of drinks. Dried fruits are preferred over chocolate...
- leech protection is recommended
Once you RSVP, you will be able to see my number. Please whatsapp me so I can add you to the whatsapp group for transport arrangement.