UPDATED Satur - Beginner-Friendly Kayak w/Optional Walk & Lunch
UPDATE 9/ Protected content everyone! It looks like we will have beautiful Please note the following:
1. I have changed the maximum number of participants so that everyone on the waiting list can attend.
2. We are meeting at the boathouse at the bottom of the hill below the visitor's center at 10 am. After you enter the park, follow the signs for the boat rentals. After you pass the Visitor's Center on the right, park in the parking lot above the lake and walk down to the boat rental area.
3. You will need a picture ID to rent a kayak - they will hold the ID until you return the kayak. You pay when you return the kayak.
4. Here is the approximate schedule:
10:00 Kayak for 1.5 to 2 hours
12: Protected content Begin the hike. Our route will be on all paved trails. Hike will take Protected content .
~1:15 Finish the hike, get in our cars and go to &pizza at Protected content Blvd, Germantown MD. There is also a Thai place in the same area.
5. Because we are such a large group, it is important that you are on time. We will try to get everyone in the water quickly and start paddling. We cannot wait for you if you are not there by the time we are ready to go.
6. I will be arriving at the park early tomorrow and may not have mobile service while I'm there.
7. Bring plenty of water!
Let's do some flat water kayaking at Black Hill Regional Park. What better way to enjoy the last remnants of summer than a relaxing day on the water?
Black Hill Regional Park is about a 30-minute drive from DC and is home to the Protected content Little Seneca Lake. The boat rental at the lake allows visitors to kayak (or canoe or paddleboard) on the quiet waters of the lake, making this the perfect location if you are a novice kayaker. I will give instructions to any first-time kayakers who would like it. Flat water kayaking is really easy to do and great exercise. If you are new to kayaking and would like to be paired in a double kayak with a more experienced paddler, I'm sure we can arrange that.
More advanced paddlers can try to complete the Black Hill Water Trail Protected content
1. Protected content of kayaking
2. Optional walk around the lake.
What you need to wear/bring:
1. Loose-fitting, comfortable clothes that can get wet.
2. Hat/Sunglasses if desired (it can be bright on the water).
3. Snacks (we will be eating lunch around 2:00)
Cost: $14/hour for the kayak rental.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.