Hiking the redwine-trail from Walporzheim to Altenahr (18 km)
on sunday, 24.09. Protected content will visit again the very beautiful Ahr-Valley (we did it already last year), which is located in the direction of the Eifel area, behind Bonn, the former capital of West-Germany. In the moment, the weather forecast prognoses a comeback of the late-summer for the following weekend.
The Ahr-Valley is very famous for it‘s nice vineyards, and there are a lot of them. Hiking the Rotweinwanderweg means to have a great view on the wine grapes, as we are walking just through the fields along the wine hangs. In the moment there are a lot of wine festivals along our trail (also at the end point in Altenahr). So, for the wine fans, there will be also possibilites to taste some of the local wines.
Our starting point is the railway station of Walporzheim, our end point is Altenahr. From Altenahr we will take back the train to Walporzheim (or directly back home).
Meeting time in Walporzheim is sunday, 24.09. Protected content 11:00 am.
Meeting point in Walporzheim:
Here you also find some official descriptions of our hike:
After the hike, I hope we can find a nice place in a restaurant or beer garden in Altenahr.
- In case of bad weather forecast I will cancel the hike latest at the evening of Saturday, 23.09.2017. So, before you start, please have a short look on this site, if the hike will take place.
- Please bring enough water, sunhat, suncream and food to he hike, as we will have a short picnic during the hike.
- Please make sure, that you are just in time at our meeting point! We will wait max. 10 min!
- Parts of the track can be muddy. Please bring your hiking-boots. And in order, that the drivers of the cars don’t have any effort to clean their interior after the hike, please be so kind and bring a second pair of clean shoes for the way back.
- If the event is fully booked, please stay calm and watch the list of attendees. The experience says, that there will be changes of attendees just one ore two days before the hike. THERE IS NO WAITING LIST.
- Liability: the hike takes place for all at your own risk, there is no liability for any personal injury and property damage!
… and at least:
- Please only subscribe if you are pretty sure that you will attend and cancel (!) as early as possible if you can't make it. Thanks a lot!!!!
Looking forward to seeing you!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.