Oeschinen Lake is one of the most renowned sights in the Swiss Alps, and forms part of the Jungfrau Unesco world heritage site. I propose a hike starting in the village of Kandersteg and ascending to a point above the lake at an altitude of about Protected content before returning to Kandersteg using the cable car.
1. Parameters Protected content in length, 930m of elevation gain, taking just over four hours excluding stops
2. Route - Protected content
3. Timetable - Meet at 11.15am at the station in Kandersteg - those traveling by train should take an 8.50am departure from Lausanne with a connection in Brig, while those travelling by car will have a journey of around two hours from Lausanne. We will aim to be back in Kandersteg for 5pm.
4. WhatsApp - Join the WhatsApp group for the hike using this link - Protected content
5. Weather - the temperature at altitude should be around 12 degrees, so it is worth bringing some protection
6. Bring - hiking boots, hiking poles, packed lunch, sunscreen, two litres of water
7. Car pooling - I suggest each passenger contributes based on 8 centimes per km, as well as parking costs
8. Responsibility - By signing up for this hike, you accept full personal responsibility for your own safety
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.