Snow day trip
Let's hit the slopes at Mt Buller on this snow day trip. We'll travel by bus from Melbourne with a stop at the Alzburg Resort in Mansfield where rental equipment is collected and returned.
Everything you need can be booked from Alzburg Tours (pre-book online to get 15% discount):
The bus departs Melbourne at 5:30am, stops at the Alzburg Resort for about an hour, then arrives in Mt Buller at around 10:30am. At the end of the day, the bus departs Mt Buller at 4:15pm, has a shorter stop at the Alzburg Resort, then arrives back in Melbourne at around 8:30pm.
Book one of these deals from the website:
* $84 Sightseeing Day Tour: return bus transport and Mt Buller resort entry
* $252 Intro to Ski/Board: return bus transport and Mt Buller resort entry, access to beginner lifts, rental of ski/board equipment, 1 hour lesson
* $275 Discovery Day Tour Ski/Board: return bus transport and Mt Buller resort entry, access to beginner lifts, rental of ski/board equipment, 2 hour lesson
* $275 Unlimited Day Tour Ski/Board: return bus transport and Mt Buller resort entry, unlimited access to all open lifts, rental of ski/board equipment
* Optional extras including equipment and clothing hire (check the website)
* I WILL NOT BE IN THE CITY TO MEET YOU as I’ll catch the bus at Doncaster. I'll be wearing a pink and white jacket so holler at me when I get on the bus - brownie points for whoever saves me a seat :) Once we stop at Mansfield then I'll check in on who's all there from our group.
* The bus has the following pick-up/drop-off points so book the one that’s convenient for you, make sure you know exactly where the meeting point is and be there on time:
* 5:00am Highpoint Shopping Centre (Rosamond Rd)
* 5:20am Protected content St
* 5:30am Fed Square (corner Russell and Flinders St)
* 5:50am Doncaster freeway ramp
* 6:05am Maroondah Hwy (opposite Ringwood train station)
* If you have your own equipment, then feel free to bring it as there’s space on the bus.
* The bus is operated by Alzburg Tours and is NOT a chartered service exclusively for our group, so I will NOT ask the driver to wait for you if you're late. It is your responsibility to be on time for all pick-ups as instructed by Alzburg Tours.
* Bring photo ID (driver's license or passport) with you as this must be produced when collecting rental items.
* Remember to bring your snow clothes (waterproof jacket and pants, snow boots, thermals, helmet, goggles, gloves, scarf, beanie) as well as sunscreen, lip balm and sunglasses. Book any items you need.
* Alzburg Resort has a cafeteria with basic hot food and snacks if you’d like refreshments at the morning pit stop and for lunch we’ll eat at one of the restaurants on the slopes.
*** Remember that snow sports carries a risk of injury and you are responsible for your own safety at all times. If you're not a confident skier or snowboarder then I'd suggest you take lessons. I'm not an instructor or tour guide and I don't intend spending the day teaching others. This is an event for us to enjoy the slopes together.
I’m happy to answer any questions or offer help with what you need to book, so just let me know. See you there!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.