Cycling + Scooter Combo Trip to Cổ Loa Citadel
Hi arts & culture lovers,
I'm back and ready to have another beautiful trip with you guys. This time, to celebrate that InterNations turns 10, our destination will be Cổ Loa Citadel (Vietnamese: Thành Cổ Loa). It is an important fortified settlement and archaeological site in present-day Hanoi's Dong Anh district, about 16 kilometers Protected content northeast of Hanoi city center.
We will either cycle there (for those sporty gang) or get there by scooter (for those fast & furious gang).
Preferred route to get there:
- Meeting/Start point: Protected content
- Route: Via Red River (Long Biên bridge, Đông Trù bridge) (see attached route map photo)
- Gathering point at Co Loa citadel: main entrance
Main places of attraction include:
- 4 main gates of the citadel
- The gate of An Duong Vuong Temple or Thuong Temple
- The ancient well of Co Loa Citadel
- Co Loa communal house
- The temple of Mi Chau princess
- For those getting there by scooter, make sure you bring your driving license, quality helmet and other necessary personal documents, just in case any transport policemen stop you for a special chat. :)
- For those cycling, make sure you bring along a bottle of water, personal aids
- As usual, everyone is encouraged to reach the meeting point 10 or 15 minutes earlier to get to know each other so that our bonding will be a lot stronger throughout the trip
- Lunch venue will be decided upon our arrival to Co Loa citadel and we will pay for our own lunch preference
- For better communication, please PM your phone number to me so I can add you to the existing whatsapp group.
Cheers & can't wait to see you all again!