Want to live your life to the fullest? Create your life vision
Before you can reach your goals, you have to know where exactly you want to be going - and you become 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams, simply by writing them down on a regular basis; the likelihood that you’ll transform your desires into reality goes up even further if you share your written goals with someone who believes in your ability to succeed. (From Dr. Gail Matthews, a psychology professor at the Dominican University in California, who recently studied the art and science of goal setting.)
* - Ideally, you will have taken at least 5 minutes before coming and written down answers to the 4 questions below. If you don't have time to do that, you can still come and share your thoughts and learn from the ideas of others. - *
"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are probably right."
There are many programs out there to help you structure this process-
one is Jon Butcher's "Life Book". He structures your goals in life into 12 categories, and for each of these, you write down your beliefs, vision/goals, motivation and action plan. At the end you sum this up to a "life vision". If you think sharing this process with a team, will be more fun and motivating - then you are at the right place!
We meet every Tuesday for the next weeks and share our thoughts on one or several of the topics. When we have our "life vision", we can still meet once a month to share, support and motivate each other- to stay connected in a network of powerful goal achievers.
There are 2 options for this "course":
1) You join Jon Butchers online course "Life Book" - jonandmissy.com - This will get you videos to all the categories, where he talks about an hour about beliefs and strategies for each topic.
2) You can try to do the same by just using free online resources and the brief instructions I provide:
Why am I organizing this? (No, I am not getting any money from Jon Butcher.) I want to be part of a network of empowered like-minded goal setters, who live life to the fullest! And I hope I will find you via these activities.
If you missed the introduction, don't worry, you can still join. We will share what we have written on the next topic.
This week’s topic is:
Partnership - Your Love Life
Define what is right for you, what do you believe and why. "We define an extraordinary, romantic love relationship as a passionate, spiritual, emotional, sexual attachment between two people who adore and trust each other, who are highly connected, who communicate effectively, and who value each other above all else." Jon B.
What do you think makes a great love relationship? What are some of your positive or negative relationship patterns? What or how can you improve in order to become the best version of yourself for somebody? Make a list of all the traits and behaviors you'd like to work on. Choose one new habit you would like to practice to improve the quality of the way you give and experience love.
We always answer these 4 questions:
1) What are your beliefs about each category- and do they serve you?
2) What is your goal, your ideal vision?
3) Why do you want this, what is your motivation, that will pull you through?
4) And last but not least, define your steps to that goal, your strategy- what will you do on a regular basis? (Put numbers and dates on this- be concise.)
Put this in writing: at least one bullet point or sentence for each of the four questions.
We will share what we have written (of course only the parts you are comfortable sharing) - a rough time frame is 10 minutes per person for reading and questions / advice from the group (roughly half/half). We try to be respectful of your time, so that we greet and order drinks/food (as a courtesy to the restaurant we get to stay in) within the first 10 minutes and then start sharing; we finish at 20:30 / 21 the latest. Then whoever wants to stay longer and chat some more, is welcome to do so.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.