Special activity for InterNations Turns 10
Dear all members,
To celebrate InterNations Turns 10, this special activity has been created for us to learn more about the country we are living in and spend more time with each other beyond our usual brunches.
Transport: Local bus (1.5 hrs each way). This may be uncomfortable for some of you but this is how Vietnamese people commute every day. Give it a try! :)
- Visit a local farm. You will see how farmers grow vegetables and raise cattle. You may be asked to go pick herbs, vegetables, etc. to prepare for lunch.
- Attend a cooking class. You will learn how to prepare a four course meal and cook your own meal. You can choose one of the three menus below.
1. Menu 1: Vietnamese bread with BBQ pork, steamed mushroom with vegetables in Oyster sauce, stir-fried chicken with chili and lemongrass, and BBQ banana with honey served with coconut milk (dessert).
2. Menu 2: Fresh spring rolls with prawn and pork, fried eggplant stuffed with prawn/pork in chilli sauce, beef noodle soup and banana spring roll with coconut cream (dessert).
3. Menu 3: Fried spring rolls, stir-fried water spinach with garlic, grilled fish with homemade sauce, and sweet mung bean soup (dessert).
- Enjoy your cooked dishes or ask for food from other members if you can’t eat yours. :)
Costs: $30/person including transport, cooking class and lunch. (Soft drinks and beer are not included). If the group is less than 8 members, it would be $34/person. Payment will be made in cash in Vietnam Dong on the day.
Ladies could be more interested in this activity but gentlemen, don’t be afraid. My male work colleagues have joined this activity and they all loved it. :)
To register, please click ‘Attend’ button and then send me a message with your full name, contact number and your preferred menu. No deposit is required at registration. However, full payment will be requested for any cancellation received within 2 days prior to departure. Registration will also be closed at midnight 22 September Protected content . Be quick!
Hau & Hanh
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.