Winter Activities Preparedness: Gears, Hints, and Where to go.
A. Why you should attend?
With billion acres to explore, recreation doesn’t stop when the snow flies. Instead, a new suite of activities beckons adventurers to snow-covered trails, frozen lakes, and frosted peaks. There is something for everyone to enjoy during the winter months. Whether you snowshoe, winter hike or camp, downhill ski, backcountry ski, ice fish, ice skate, ice climb, snowmobile, or fat tire bike, there are places to go. And the best way to avoid emergencies is to properly and safely plan and prepare for your trip under. That is the aim of this online activity.
B. What would you learn
Hiking in the winter can be fun and rewarding. Snow, ice, and cold temperatures can also make it more challenging. To ensure a safe and enjoyable hike, be prepared both for the conditions and the hike itself. We will address:
1. Approaches to dress up for successful winter activities;
2. Hints for choosing the right gears: microspikes, running shoes, and snowshoes;
3. Places to go;
4. Applications and hints for trails exploration;
C. Interested to join
1. Only registered attendees will get the Zoom link for this event;
2. The link will be provided no later than Friday Feb 12th, Protected content 12:00 PM Eastern Time.
3. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have specific topics you want me to address.
Have a great day, a wonderful week, and can't wait to meet some of you.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.