Cantinas Walking Tour at Centro Histórico... salud!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only those who already paid can attend, please let me know if you want to come because I will organize another one soon probably.
Historically a private space for men to drink, talk and play domino, nowadays Cantinas represent traditional gathering places for friends and families where everyone’s invited: the rich and the poor, labor workers, university students and bankers, everyone’s a comrade. Cantinas are all about celebrating everything like good Mexicans, by saying Salud!
Unfortunately they are becoming extinct, nowadays there are less than 30 of the original ones.
- Walking tour for aproximately 5 hours visiting Cantinas of the porfirian period, still icons of Mexico City:
1.- Cantina la Potosina
2.- Salón España
3.- Mezcalería “La Casa de Sirenas”
4.- Buenos Aires
- Tasting of pulque and tequila between cantinas.
- Snacks (cacahuates, habas, garbanzos) with the tasting.
- Billingual guide who will tell us about the importance of cantinas in the history of this country, and the relevance and characteristics of the most important mexican spirits: pulque, tequila, mezcal, and beer.
- Entretainment, the guide will be dressed as an important character of mexican history.
- Any drink or food you order inside the cantinas. I recommend to ask for the specialty cocktail in each one.
- Tips for the waiters inside the cantinas.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.