HIKING TO PICO DAS AGULHAS NEGRAS, with stay in a nice hotel-faz
Hi Outdoor friends !
Protected content of altitude, highest point of Rio de Janeiro State, 5th in Brazil, jewel of Serra da Mantiqueira,... Pico das Agulhas Negras is an exceptional hike, but definitely not for beginners. 7-8h of hiking (4h to go, 3-4h to return), mostly steep climb requiring a good physical condition, and no fear of height and altitude. But at the top, it’s just breathtaking, unforgettable...
7:30am : Meeting point at Protected content
Van transport to Itamonte-MG Protected content , 4h). Lunch on the way.
~1:00pm : Check-in at Hotel-fazenda Recanto dos Lagos, in triple and quadruple suites overlooking the main lake, Lago das Garças, in front of Serra da Mantiqueira peaks. The fazenda extends as far as the eye can see, beyond the beautiful green hills that surround it, and it has 25 lakes !
Free program in the afternoon at Hotel-fazenda Recanto dos Lagos, that offers several options of activities :
- Horse riding Protected content , at 3:00pm, duration 1h30 to 2h) : discover the fazenda and the surrounding area, up to a buffalos raising fazenda, with breathtaking views from the top of the hills, and some thrilling gallops...
- Kayaking on the main lake Protected content , only 4 kayaks)
- Sport fishing on the main lake (free, sticks supplied locally)
- Biking inside the fazenda (free, only 5 simple bikes)
- Hiking inside the fazenda
~7:30pm : Spanish dinner at Hotel-fazenda Recanto dos Lagos
- Tortillas de Batata with salad or appetizer
- Trout “a Leonesa”
- Leche frita or dessert mousse
After dinner : Individual check-out (drinks, paid activities, Sunday picnic) at the reception desk.
Luau around the lake with starlight...
4:30am : Breakfast at Hotel-fazenda Recanto dos Lagos
5:00am : Van transport to the entrance of Parque Itatiaia upper part (39kms, 1h)
6:00am : Meeting with our local guide, and queue to be in the first Protected content quota allowed per day for the ascent of Pico das Agulhas Negras)
7:00am : Individual registration (with passport or ID) and payment of Parque Itatiaia entrance fee (only CASH)
~ 7:30am : Beginning of the hike to Pico das Agulhas Negras.
Around 4h to get to the top... The 1st hour is a flat walk to the base of the mountain. Then begins the climb, steep slope with sometimes the use of ropes (escalaminhada). Last part requires to climb stacked rocks and jump back and forth between crevices : it is safe, but really physical and rich in adrenaline. But when you reach the top, the reward is really worth the effort, with a Protected content view of Serra da Mantiqueira, Vale do Paraíba, Planalto Mineiro,... One of the most spectacular panoramas in Brazil !
Around 1h for picnic at the top with potentially cool temperature and strong wind.
Around 4h for a careful descent and quiet walk till the entrance of Parque Itatiaia upper part.
~4:30pm : Van transport back to São Paulo Protected content , 4h).
~9:00pm : Arrival at Largo da Batata in São Paulo
More details to be posted later, also in our WhatsApp Outdoor group.
-> Activity fee = Protected content
- Accommodation with dinner and breakfast at hotel-fazenda = Protected content
- Van transport = 1.500 R$ divided in 10 paying pax (all except organizers) => if we have less/more than 10, paying pax will pay/receive the difference proportionally
- Guide for hiking = 80 R$/pax
-> Parque Itatiaia entrance fee (paid individually in CASH) = 17 R$ for Brazilian or resident in Brazil, 25 R$ for non resident born in Mercosul, 33 R$ for other non resident
-> Drinks, Saturday paid activities and Sunday picnic will be paid individually when checking out at the hotel-fazenda that will provide Sunday picnic according to our wishes...
ALTERNATIVES in case of rain early in the morning, to be discussed and decided by the group :
- Circuito Couto Prateleiras : 7h, 14kms (guide cost drops to 50 R$/pax => 30 R$/pax are reimbursed)
- Pedra do Altar : 5h (guide cost drops to 40 R$/pax => 40 R$/pax are reimbursed)
- Base das Prateleiras : 3h (guide cost drops to 40 R$/pax => 40 R$/pax are reimbursed)
SUBSCRIPTION by FULL PRE-PAYMENT of Activity Fee Protected content UNTILL TUESDAY 11/09. Places attributed on first-paid first-served basis.
Bank info :
Although this is a safe activity, as with every other event, by signing up, you release InterNations and activity organizers from all responsibility in case of injuries, illnesses and disappointments that you might experience during the activity.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.