Star Party in the Mountains
New info as of 28 Feb
We have added a night to the trip. Now it's August 9,10, and 11. And we will have a pretrip party in March or April, date TBD.
New info as of 14 Feb
FYI, Some of the Protected content rooms have one bed, and some rooms have two beds. Also there are portable beds available for a small extra charge. Protected content has room descriptions and a site plan for the entire lodge. If you call the reservation number you can speak with a knowledgeable person about the lodge.
I’ve made the journey to the Davis mountains several times, and it is definitely one of the most spectacular places that Texas has to offer. Then add a Star Party and the best Meteor Shower of the year, and we have a truly amazing weekend to enjoy! Please join us.
What: A most awesome Road Trip !!
When: Nights of 9,10, and 11 August Protected content
Where: Indian Lodge, Davis Mountains State Park (Southwest Texas)
Who: Lovers of the Desert Mountains and the Night Sky
Why: See Fun Stuff below
• Star Party on the mountaintop at McDonald Observatory, followed by the best Meteor Shower of the year !!
• Hiking on the nature trails near our historic Adobe Lodge.
• Visit the art scene in the very quirky town of Marfa.
• Swim in the icy waters of a desert spring at Protected content
What YOU need to do:
0. Protected content your name to the InterNations Star Party event. Indicate if you want to share lodging.
1. Look at the website for Indian LodgeProtected content
2. Make a room reservation at Indian Lodge for the nights of 9, 10 and 11 August. (When the Lodge is sold out, or you prefer to stay elsewhere, try lodging in Fort Davis, or Marfa, etc. Camping in Davis Mountains State Park is also available)
Indian Lodge Reservation, Phone
Monday thru Wednesday, 8 AM to 6 PM, Thursday and Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
Indian Lodge Reservation, Online Protected content
Availability and Reservations, 24/7.
3. Add a comment to event indicating that you have your lodging secured.
4. Buy your ticket to the Star Party ($12) for the night of 11 August.Protected content
Google Maps shows the driving time from Dallas to Indian Lodge at 7.5 hours. Also, one can fly from Dallas to Midland, and then drive 2.7 hours to Indian Lodge.
Pre Trip Party
We will have a planning party in March or April. Date TBD.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.