Volunteer at Zoo Negara - 2nd Edition
Dear KL Changemakers,
Fancy a trip to the zoo? Or play zookeeper for a day?
Here's your chance to do something equally fun!
On 1st September, we will be going to the Zoo Negara in Hulu Kelang, Ampang and participating in their volunteer programme. Come befriend the animals, feed them and help keep the zoo environment clean!
The Zoo Negara Volunteer Programme is about providing a close relation between human and wildlife by learning to understand their needs and social behaviour. By working hand in hand with the zoo personnel, this programme also helps to build up your self-confidence and spirit through the community service and raise awareness on wildlife conservation. Apart from this, you will also learn to get a chance to explore behind the scene as a zookeeper by assisting them on daily routine.
This programme is open to everyone aged 16 years and above. As a volunteer, you must be willing to help the zoo in any appropriate tasks assigned to you throughout the duration of your session.
DATE // 1st September Protected content
TIME // 7:30AM - 1:30PM (or 4.30PM)
FEE // RM25 per person
VENUE // Zoo Negara Malaysia
7.30 am : Volunteer arrival and registration
8.00 am : Welcome note & safety briefing by Education Officer
8.30 am : Volunteer distribution
10.00 am : Tea break (BYO or dine at on-site food outlets at own cost)
10.45 am : Volunteering work continues
1.30 pm : Volunteer program ends for HALF-day volunteers
1.30 pm : Visit Panda & Lunch break for full-day volunteers
2.30 pm : Volunteering work continues
4.30 pm : Volunteer program ends for FULL-day volunteers
1) To assist the animal keepers in providing daily care for the animals, including exhibit cleaning, food preparation and animal behavioural enrichment activities.
2) To assist the animal keepers in exhibit maintenance.
3) To assist the animal keepers with special projects, including research and exhibit modifications.
4) To assist the horticulture and plants landscaping around the zoo.
5) To assist wherever help is needed on an ad-hoc basis.
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Bright personality
- Positive attitude
* Please read the following RULES & REGULATIONS:
* Due to LIMITED PARTICIPANT SLOTS AVAILABLE, confirmation of your slot is via payment only. Please PM me your full name, email address & phone number. I will send you payment details in reply.
* Kindly specify if you would like to attend the half-day OR full-day session.
- For those who have already visited Zoo Negara previously, it is highly recommended that you opt for the full-day program.
- For those who would like to attend the half-day program only, you are allowed to stay on as a regular park visitor once your session ends.
- The fee is the same for all volunteers. It includes an entrance ticket to the Giant Panda Conservation Centre.
* This activity is by first-to-confirm basis. The Guestlist may not reflect the actual number of confirmed volunteers, as there may be those who have RSVP'ed but have not paid to confirm their slots.
* PLEASE SIGN UP ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN COME. If you cannot make it, please sign off from the guestlist or it will close once the guest limit is reached and prevent the others from attending this activity. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
~ Be Kind To Animals ~
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.