Yalla to Al-Salt
The post from Institute for Global Educational Exchange:
Institute for Global Educational Exchange announces a cultural trip to Al-Salt City on Friday, 2 November Protected content .
This trip is planned with love so everyone is welcomed to join us. We promise that you will enjoy the trip, be happy, dance, learn and sing the 'salttiyyeh' song. Keep it colorful & powerful like a rainbow :)
10:00 am: Protected content
- Harvesting olives
- Learn how olive oil is made
- Prepare food for a traditional local breakfast (manaqeesh zatar, cheese, labneh, olives, pastries, etc.)
- Visiting historical sites in the city as well as cultural events
- Traditional lunch served in an old house in Salt
- Learn about Jordanian wedding traditions
- Enjoy a live traditional wedding show
- Enjoying breathtaking sunset view
- Back to Amman
The fee is 15 JD per person for all of the above including transportation (7 JD for children).
By the end of the trip we'll have a debrief in Arabic to talk about:
- New words you have learned during the trip
- Talk about places we have visited, the activities and your favourite experiences
Please don't forget to bring a jacket (it's gonna be cold after the sunset) and wear comfortable shoes.
Notes from InterNations Group Consul:
Dear Amman Arts & Culture Group Members,
I called the number (above) just now and 5 seats are still available. After you have called and registered for the trip with Institute For Global Educational Exchange, please send me a message on InterNations by 6 PM today, so that I'll know how many InterNations members are joining the trip and I'll send you my phone number. On Friday, I'll make sure all InterNations attendees will be introduced to each other.
We pay the fee directly to Institute For Global Educational Exchange on 2nd November.
Apologies for the short notice. I just noticed the post on Facebook this morning. The trip is too interesting to be missed!
Looking forward to see you tomorrow! :)
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.