Canoeing Trip and Wine tasting
The season is on and the summer is around the corner – Because the canoeing trip that Jörg organised 2 years ago was such fun, i suggest that we do it again!!
Are you ready for a nice day in the Lower Frankonian Winelands?
The "cities" in this case are Volkach and Sommerach in the beautiful wine region of Lower Frankonia, close to Kitzingen, and the hike – ok, it is the water version this time:
- first stop: wine town Volkach (1,5-2 hrs stay)
- canoe tour on the Altmain Protected content
- wine degustation at an excellent winery in the pittoresque wine village Sommerach (2 hrs)
- going back to Nuremberg
Sounds like a good plan?
Here are the details:
- start: meeting 08:15 at Nuremberg Hauptbahnhof Info Desk Middle Hall
- we will take the train to Kitzingen station and arrive there after 1 hour
- a special bus will take us to the wine lands
- arrival in the wine town Volkach at ca. 10:15 where we will have ca. 2 hrs time to have a walk around the old town, enjoy a coffee, a short lunch or visiting the winery of Max Müller I. directly in the old town
- at 12:15, we will have to walk across the river to Astheim where the canoes will wait for us
- swimming vests, waterproof bags will be provided
- after a short introduction we will crawl into our canoes and start going downstream the side arm of the Main, called Altmain
- we will have no commercial ship traffic for most of the time so we can fully focus on our trip and on the beautiful scenery incl. a lot of wine yards along the edges
- 2,5 – 3 hrs later, we will - hopefully still dry - exit the canoes in the small wine village Sommerach
- after a short walk, a high quality wine maker is waiting for us in his winery to let us taste 5 of his wines, coming along with a sufficient “Brotzeit” (also available as Vegetarian version)
- 17:30, we will have to leave to catch the bus back to Kitzingen station where the train will bring us back to Nuremberg at 18:30
- arrival back home in Nuremberg ca. 19:30
What to consider?
Sign on, please be on time (we need to buy tickets together), for those feeling like it bring changing clothes if you should get too wet in our outside the canoes ;), have some extra money available for coffee/quick lunch etc. and - be in a good mood!
Important: the participants have to be reliably confirmed towards canoe provider and winery a week ahead. Last chance to cancel is 3rd June, after that full payment is due in any case. Please be so kind to note this.
Looking forward !
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.