3rd Annual white elephant gift exchange & Lunch!!
Dear Members ,
We want to invite you to our 3rd WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT EXCHANGE !!!
We had so much fun, laughs, and a fabulous time....... on popular demand we will have our 3rd one, same place .... Protected content
GIFT VALUE BETWEEN :$5-$10 ONLY...something new or something used. Something you love or something you hate. Make sure it is wrapped.
THEME: Be funny & Creative
White Elephant Rules...
How to Play the Popular Christmas Gift Exchange Game
A White Elephant Gift Exchange is a popular holiday event where people vie to walk away with the best present. It also goes by Yankee Swap, Dirty Santa, and a plethora of other names. The White Elephant game is played by a lot of different rulesets – some dead simple and others confusingly elaborate. Here are the basic rules:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
The gift exchange organizer should provide information on what type of gift people should bring.
2. Players draw names to determine what order they will go in
Alternatively, everyone can draw from a hat, or have their order set by the organizer prior to the event.
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile
To make things easier, everyone should sit in the order in which they will take their turns.
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
Make sure everyone can see the gift!
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets his/her gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
To keep things moving along, there are a couple of limits on gift swapping:
A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end (otherwise things could drag on for a long time).
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
Note that for this last “extra” turn, the three-swap rule doesn’t apply. Players can keep swapping until someone decides to stand pat, or there are no other eligible people to steal from.
*****If you do not understand the rules, bring a wrapped gift, and wait until we meet. There is a phone number below if you have any other questions.*****
Come & join us ... YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!!!
Maryam, Michael, Sushrut
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.