Dragonboat Open Day: April Monthly Newbie + Potluck event
Let me know WA Protected content if you are interested.
Here comes our April Monthly Newbie + Potluck event! Join us for Fun Filled, Adrenaline Pumping, Water Splashing Sports Activity at our Newbie + Potluck Session. Our group appeals to all ages and abilities, and no prior experience is necessary as we will provide training & instruction on that day.
Our Newbie + Potluck Session is the perfect place for you to burn those calories as well as socialize with new friends in Jakarta. If you would like to have a feel of the outdoor, the ocean, water sports or fitness activity, THIS is the activity YOU should sign up for.
Practical training in Dragon Boats, which are large canoe-like vessels fitted with ornately carved dragon's heads and tails. Crews of up to 20 people sit in pairs and paddle to complete distances of around 250m. Each boat has a drummer beating time to keep the paddlers in unison, and a professional helmsperson in the stern to guide the boat.
We paddle for around 2 hours in the open sea with rest in between (yes, breaks for selfie included).
- Meet local and international friends
- Lots of Food & Lots of Beers
1. All equipment, coaching and PFD are provided.
2. We recommend that you can swim to join this activity, since this is an open water activity. If you are not confident in water, please let us know & we will keep our eyes on you.
Things to Bring
1. Water (Please bring your own water bottle. We are encouraging Green Initiatives #GoGreen)
2. Wear light clothes and bring a set of clothes to change after session.
4. Wear slippers or sandles.
5. Most importantly, bring YOURSELF. (NO CLUBBING on Friday night: You can’t paddle if your body is still on the bed or at the club. NO DRINKING on Friday night: Its harder to paddle if your body is still dancing to the beat. We need to follow the pacer's beat)
6. Registration Fees of IDR 100. Protected content of rental for boat, PFD, equipment & potluck session)
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.