Friday Evening Badminton
Let's meet for some fun and exercise on the badminton courts from 7 to 9 pm.
Four courts are reserved (limitation from the Sport Center ) which theoretically means that max 16 participants can take part to the event. However, statistically players don't play 2 hours in a row without interruption, so we accept 3 additional players to fill the breaks. The maximum number of participants is therefore 19, following the first come first served concept.
Rules are simple, and every participant that registers is supposed to have read and understood these rules:
1. We expect each player to have a minimum of experience in playing badminton, e.g. basic knowledge of the rules, ability to serve and catch shuttle, in order to avoid any gap between one player and the rest of the group
2. Cancellation is accepted till Wednesday 7 pm (deadline given by the Sport Center to cancel courts free of charge). In case of later cancellation, a €6 fixed fee will be charged to the participant unless he/she finds a replacement
3. A no show-up will result in a €6 fixed fee
4. Two no show-ups (not necessarily in a row) will put the participant on a black list, meaning that he/she will only be entitled to play the next time after transfer of a €18 deposit (€12 for the 2 no-show-ups + €6 deposit prior to the event).
5. Three no show-ups (not necessarily in a row) will ban the participant from the group
6. Members that are joining for the 1st time will be asked to transfer the €6 fee prior to the event. Reason being that in practice more than 50 % of the newcomers do not show-up without advising and consequently penalize the regular players. This rule is valid for the 1st participation only
7. Sport shoes with no black soles are mandatory. No sandals, flip flop or bare feet accepted
8. Group wall is the only place used for communication, we don't send individual email or text message. Please check regularly posts from the Consuls as they might be important
9. In principle, maximum 2 games in a row (first match and „revanche“) should be played in the same format (the same 4 players, irrespective of „internal“ changing of a partner in a pair), in order to maximize the possibility for each player to play with other players of the group during the event.
Rackets can be rent at the reception of the Sport Center against a small charge.
Last but not least, we sometimes go for a drink/dinner after the event. This is obviously not compulsory but help to create a positive atmosphere among the group.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.