Free Film "Trace of Stones" SPUR DER STEINE, German w/Engl.subt.
** SPUR DER STEINE - This is an East German classic (2hr+) not to be missed! **
** Please arrive early because there is no doubt that this event will fill up! Once there is no more room the Goethe Institut shuts the doors and you cannot come in **
--YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPEAK GERMAN TO ATTEND--
I am continuing our very popular German movie nights at Goethe-Institut.
2 hour+ movie - so this time I am not offering to organize drinks/dinner afterwards...
- IMPORTANT: These screenings are filling up most of the times - therefore please arrive early.
- The film starts at 7:00pm. We will meet between Protected content 7pm inside the library. The later you arrive the less likely you get a good seat and even risk to not get in.
- I will try to reserve some seats. The library is on the first floor/street level/"Parterre" (if you are taking the elevator to Goethe-Institut you entered through the wrong door).
- Just look for seats with laminated InterNations signs on it inside the library.
- Click on the venue link above to be taken to the website with the event.
- A day before the event I will send out my cell phone number to everybody who RSVPs.
Here is the information to the event from their website:
Beside frank depictions of social problems in New York in the Protected content , Uwe Johnson's Anniversaries also gives an unsparing and unsentimental portrait of East Germany, where Johnson lived until he departed for West Berlin in Protected content .
Filmed in widescreen black-and-white, Frank Beyer’s Trace of Stones is perhaps the best-known East German film in today’s Germany, a daring political statement presented in the form of an interpersonal drama, and a great cinematic document of social conflicts in East Germany at the time. On a construction site plagued by shortages and poor planning, two men from different worlds confront each other—the swaggering pragmatist who leads an elite crew of carpenters, and the obedient bureaucrat who represents the Party’s interests. They fall in love with the same woman, an engineer on her first big assignment. (Museum of Modern Art, Germany 66)
Arguably the most important DEFA film of the Protected content , Trace of Stones was censored and shelved by East German officials for 25 years following its release. Beyer suffered professionally as a result and was forced to leave DEFA studios and work in television until he filmed his comeback Jakob the Liar in Protected content , which went on to receive East Germany's first and only Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film. Beyer was originally set to direct the TV mini-series adaptation of Anniversaries in the late Protected content , but was replaced in pre-production by Margarethe von Trotta due to creative differences with the producers.
Trace of Stones (Spur der Steine)
East Germany, Protected content , 134 minutes
Directed by Frank Beyer. With Manfred Krug, Krystyna Stypułkowska, Eberhard Esche
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.