Intercultural Differences Series No. 1: GERMANY
Dear members of the business networking group!
After a summer break we will organize an event series I developed for international communities. It is just called "intercultural differences in practice" - and since we live in Germany we start with it.
I choose a more practical and "lively" approach - namely exchanging real experiences, situations and feelings and not only philosophizing theories (e.g. the dimensions of Hofstede) or just listening to a speech where others "explain the world" to us.
After a short introduction we will have a familiar and confidential atmosphere in our group and discuss topics like:
- What are your most impressive and / or weird experiences in Germany - at the work place and / or the general life style?
- What are significant intercultural differences between your culture(s) and the chosen country / culture? How do you and others deal with it?
- How do other internations members see these differences from their own experience? Do they share your opinion? What do you have in common with other cultures, looking to Germany?
- Where do you see obstacles or opportunities to make business (e.g. as an entrepreneur or CEO, supervisor and / or employee) and / or to work in Germany, compared to other countries?
- Are there any recommendations or special "insider tipps" for others?
- How can we help each other to get along in the German business world?
- Which special questions do you have to the german internations members which you do not find in books and what you always wanted to know, never dared to ask or never got an answer?
I plan to build up a series "going" through the whole world, also e.g. Asian culture, Arab culture, African Culture, Eastern and Southern Europe, U.S,, UK, India, Latin America and so on.
The events are always moderated by me and / or another member. After the event we also have time to come down to regular business networking.
**** I AM LOOKING FOR CO-MODERATORS FOR DIFFERENT COUNTRIES / CULTURES ****
Please feel free to contact me!
Also if you are interested to give a short speech about your country or your experiences, please contact me!!!
Hope to see you soon,
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.