Vote for Books to Read!
Select Book Options for Doha Book Group
Vote on your favorite 15 books to read.
Votes to be tallied on October 1st, with the selected books announced at the October meeting.
I have created a spreadsheet with the descriptions of each book. It is too much information to post, so send me your email, and I will forward the spreadsheet to you. It will allow you to make informed choices without too much effort. If you’d like to participate, then vote on what you’d like to read!
1. A Bed of Red Flowers: In Search of Afghanistan by Nelofer Pazira
2. A Fortunate Life by Albert B Facey
3. Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
4. Breath by Tim Winton
5. Broken Mirrors: Sinalcol by Elias Khoury & Humphrey Davies
6. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
7. Enchantments by Kathryn Harrison
8. Fever by Deon Meyer
9. Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak
10. Genghis Kahn: The Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford
11. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
12. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crises by JD Vance
13. Istanbul by Orhan Pamuk
14. Istanbul Passage: A Novel by Joseph Kanon
15. Lying by Sam Harris
16. Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss
17. Moon over Samarqand by Mohamed Mansi Qandil
18. Raiders from the North: Empire of the Moghul by Alex Rutherford
19. Remembering Babylon by David Malouf
20. Running with the Kenyans: Discovering the Secrets of the Fastest People on Earth by Adharanand Finn
21. The Bridges of Constantine by Ahlem Mosteghanemi, Author; Raphael Cohen, Translator
22. The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
23. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
24. The Housemaid's Daughter by Barbara Mutch
25. The Moor's Account by Laila Lalami
26. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
27. The Seasons of Trouble: Amid the Ruins of Sri Lanka's Civil War by Rohini Mohan
28. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
29. The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
30. Things Fall Apart by Ahinua Achebe
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.