CNY Coolz Coffee - 'Coz We Have No Family (in Singapore)!
Don't spend Chinese New Year alone. Come for a sunset drink (coffee or otherwise) with some sweets and/ or early dinner with nice people.
Last year, I mentioned at an InterNations event that I was thinking of doing a CNY gathering for those with no family and everybody started to laugh because I meant to say no family in Singapore. So when I put it in the event title, we saw many people show up - Protected content out the entire place! Everybody related with how lonely it can feel being in a foreign land without your family so I've put the same title in for this year! But honestly, InterNations people are smart, well educated, well traveled and InterNations can be your family away from home.
Many people said they like attending Coffee Connections events because it is more casual, relaxing and intimate than meeting at loud places. Each session, we make it a point to get everybody to stand up and introduce themselves once (who you are are, what you do, and what you might be looking for - job, activity partner, friend etc), and suggest they switch seats once. Some people hate the self introductions but when there are so many of us - this is the one brave thing you should do because everybody gets to find commonalities quickly! We're friendly, warm and agenda-less. This is completely a time to be yourself - speak as little or as much as you like.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) I am not a paid member. Can you send me the address? - InterNations encourages paid membership and has restricted the address venue for that reason. Please don't message us (the Consuls) because as volunteers, we don't need the added work. Be coolz.
2) Can I bring a non-InterNations person(s)? - Yes. Be coolz. Ask them to register on InterNations first and join the activity.
3) I am too late to register, can I still come? - Yes. Be coolz.
4) I RSVPed but am not going to come (overslept, sick, partied too late last night, blah, blah)? Do I need to tell you? - No need. We are doing this absolutely free. Please don't contact us unless you're lost. Be coolz.
5) I called you and you aren't picking up! - We try to keep our phone at bay but we get busy talking and usually keep the phone away 1/2 hour after the start time. No blame/ shame/ grief please. Be coolz.
6) What's with this coolz talk? - It's the cooler way of saying cool. This is inspired by a certain Singaporean ex-beauty queen who used boomz when she meant boom in Protected content . True story.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.