A Walk Through the Magic Autumn's Forest & La Garrotxa Volcanos
DIFFICULTY: There is no technical difficulty, but in the hike to the Sta. Margarida Volcano Protected content there are around 200m difference to overcome in a 1.7km long trail. Overall round trip has 10km
DESCRIPTION: La Garrotxa is the volcanic region of Catalonia. Even if there are only extinct volcanos, they have their charm, and in the case of Sta. Margarida, a unique feature that you are very unlikely to find in any other volcano: there is a church right in the center of the crater! On the other hand, “La Fageda d’en Jordà” is probably the most famous forest in Catalonia, as it has inspired many poems from renowned Catalan poets. Autumn is no doubt the best time to enjoy it!
We leave from Barcelona soon after 8.30 and we arrive around 10.30h in the Parking of Can Serra. We will do a round trip passing by the Croscat Volcano, through Sta. Margarida Volcano –lunch inside the crater- and passing through “La Fageda d’en Jordà”. The whole walk should take 4.30 hours. Considering 1 hour for lunch, we should finish the walk around 16.30, so to be back home at 18.30.
BRING YOUR PACKET LUNCH, AS THERE’S NO FOOD SUPPLIER WHERE WE WILL TAKE THE LUNCH BREAK.
However, if you don’t need to be back home too early, there could be also time for visiting some of the nearby typical villages, such as Castellfollit de la Roca, Besalú –a medieval town famous for its bridge (see picture gallery)- and/or the Banyoles lake.
RECOMMENDED GEAR: comfortable sport clothes and sport or trekking shoes. Walking sticks are not necessary for experienced hikers, but bring them if you have. Bring also sun glasses and sun cream.
Given the limited capacity, there are many issues to consider in case of different possible happenings:
• IF THE LIST IS FULL SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I WILL INCLUDE YOU IN A WAITING LIST. WAITING LIST MEMBERS WILL BE ASSIGNED A PLACE IN CASE OF CANCELLATIONS OR NEW CAPACITY –NEW PARTICIPANT BRINGING A CAR- ON A FIRST-LISTED FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
• WHEN THE LIST REACHES THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY I WILL CLOSE IT, WHICH MEANS ALSO THAT REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS CANNOT CANCEL AUTOMATICALLY. THEN, IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL ATTENDANCE JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE. THIS IS TO GUARANTEE THAT FIRST LISTED IN THE WAITING LIST HAVE THE PRIORITY WHEN THERE ARE NEW SEATS AVAILABLE.
• IN CASE ONE OF THE DRIVERS CANNOT FINALLY COME, THE LAST LISTED OUT OF THE NEWLY REDUCED CAPACITY WILL HAVE TO STAY.
• IF A REGISTERED PERSON CANNOT COME, HE/SHE SHOULD CANCEL ATTENDANCE AT LEAST 24H BEFORE THE MEETING TIME. THIS IS TO FACILITATE ATTENDANCE OF THE WAITING LIST MEMBERS, AND ALSO TO OPTIMIZE CAPACITY IN CASE LESSER CARS ARE NEEDED.
• IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER FORECAST I WILL WAIT TO CONFIRM THE FORECAST UNTIL TWO DAYS BEFORE TO CANCEL THE EVENT.
Map of the meeting point in Barcelona: Protected content
DISCLAIMER: under no circumstances the “Activity Organizer” shall assume responsibility for any damage occurring at InterNations activities. Nor is the “Activity Organizer” responsible for the behavior or actions of InterNations members or any other attendees during InterNations activities (like for instance, in case you get lost, have an accident, any injury, if you need to be rescued, etc.) . Everybody is at their own risk. By registering for the activity you are explicitly accepting the above disclaimer.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.