Chopta Tungnath Trek
Tungnath trek is short and easy in the Chopta Tungnath trek. Tunganath is the highest temple of Garwal. During this hiking, one can enjoy clear view of majestic peaks of Panchchuli, Nanda Devi, Nilkanth and Kedarnath. Chopta gives a picturesque view of the Himalayas. In the early spring the Rhododendron forest glow red as the flowers bloom.
Chopta Tungnath trekking will start from Haridwar. From Chopta, we will start for Tungnath and Chandrashilla Top (Our last destination).
The summit of the Chandrashilla peak provides a breathtaking Protected content view.
Temperature: Day: 8°C-15°C and Night: -5°C-3°C
Maximum Altitude: 12,083 ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
• Day Protected content Haridwar-Gopeshwar (7 hours)
Once you reach haridwar. On the way to sari from Haridwar you can cherish Rishikesh and Devpryag enroute, Drive to the trek destination will take around seven to eight hours including a comfortably timed break for breakfast and lunch. Overnight stay in Gopeshwar
• Day Protected content to Deoriatal (3kms)
After having breakfast, sightseeing in Gopeshwar followed by travel to Deoriatal.You can have a small sightseeing tour around the campsite if you wish.
• Day Protected content to Chopta through Rohini Bugyal Protected content , 7-8 hours trek)
Third day will start with a breakfast and start the trek to Chopta. While walking along the ascending trails you can feel the fragrance of mixed forests which include oak trees and pine as well. The snowy surrounding will let the clock go round easily. A number of trekkers also spot deer’s in the vicinity. Once you reach Chopta you can take rest for some time and get re-energised after a refreshing cup of tea and snacks.
• Day Protected content Circuit
• Day Protected content Chopta-Tungnath Protected content Top Protected content and back to Chopta Protected content
After having morning breakfast you can proceed with your trek towards Tungnath. After enjoying the beautiful scenery at Chopta and spending cozy time in the lapse of landscapes, Tungnath will offer you some spirituality and peace. This hike will lead you to the holy temple named as Tungnath temple. Enjoy one of the most breathtaking and beautiful vistas in the Kedar, Chaukhamba and other peaks in the vicinity. Though in this area, you may also get to see a few rare species of eagles.Return to Chopta basecamp, you can relax completely as trekking comes to an end.
• Day Protected content to Haridwar (Drive 7 hours)
On day six, after breakfast all you’ve to do is drive to Haridwar. You will reach Haridwar by evening.
• Travel to Hardiwar
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
• All park entrance fees and trekking permits
• Porters to carry all personal and group equipment.
Things To Carry
• Trek Pants – 2 Nos. (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capris, Fitting Denims)
• T-shirts – 4 Nos. (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
• Sweater – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
• Jacket – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
• Thermal Wear – 1 Nos.
• Gloves – 2 Nos. (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
• Socks – 5 Nos. (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
• Warm Inner wears
• Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos.
• Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos.
• Slippers – 1 Nos.
• Back Pack & Rain Cover ( Protected content )
• Day Pack & Rain Cover Protected content , If you hire mule or porter)
• Couple of water bottles (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
• Hiking Shoes (Should be water proof and ankle support)
• Torch (With extra batteries)
• Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits and nuts
• Personal Medical kit (If you required) and ID Card
• UV sunglasses – 1 Nos.
• Caps – 2 Nos. (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
• Balaclava – 1 Nos.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.