Birchington to Whitstable via Herne Bay Coastal Walk
We start the walk from the coastal town of Birchington, then to Herne Bay and then go to Whitstable. This is an easy coastal walk - it is entirely flat - and the directions are straightforward and consequently minimal. It passes the dramatic landmark of Recluver, the remains of the twin towers of a 12th C church set amongst the ruins of a Roman Fort.
The coastal walk should take around 6 hours Protected content or 13.7 miles). It is possible to finish coastal walk earlier in Herne Bay Protected content or 8.7 miles) 4 hours.
Please allow extra time for rest stops and lunch. To do this, you need to be reasonable fit and can keep up a good pace. Please do not RSVP if you are unfit.
Return trains back to London from Whitstable run at 28 mins past the hour.
Return off-peak daily ticket London Victoria to Birchington-on-Sea should be purchased.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. What to bring:
Appropriate walking clothes and footwear (ideally hiking boots) Waterproof and windproof jacket.
A packed lunch, snacks and plenty of water.
Sun cream and sun hat.
Personal first aid kit and medication.
4. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
5. Feel free to invite your friends.
6. This walk may be cancelled due to bad weather but I will keep everyone informed.
7. Please cancel your attendance if you change your mind, so there is room for others who wish to join.
8. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.