Historical Guildford Circular (12 miles-No hills)
If you like long walks in the woodlands, then this is a walk for you. It is very easy and flat throughout with beautiful scenery. It is a circular walk which starts and finishes at Guildford station.
This is a lovely walk in the Surrey countryside, which is an officially designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
We will walk through Guildford, Surrey's most significant ancient town and its surroundings. Part of the walk follows the River Wey as it gently flows past willow trees through a rural area of Surrey.
There are a few trains from London Waterloo to Guildford between 9:00 and 10:00.
There are regular trains from Guildford for returns to London.
Please organise amongst yourselves if you would like a group saver. You can post messages on the activity page.
Drivers can park at the station for £2:00 all day.
2. Please note that hiking as an outdoor activity carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. This is a long hike and suitable for the reasonably fit hikers or people that exercise regularly. Please do not RSVP if you are new to hiking or unfit. THIS IS GOING TO BE A FAST PACE HIKE!!!!
4. Please wear walking boots or shoes. Preferably water proof. The paths can be muddy and slippery. This depends on the weather we have before the hike. Also bring rain proof jacket in case it rains.
5. Bring a packed lunch and plenty of water. We might visit a pub for lunch but we will definitely go to a pub after the hike so bring some money with you.
6. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
7. Please, please, please cancel your attendance if you change your mind, so there is room for others who wish to join.
8. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
9. WEATHER: Please note that it might be necessary to cancel the hike if the weather is really bad. The hike should go ahead is there is little rain.
10. I WILL BE MEETING YOU Protected content
Please be kind enough to cancel your attendance if you cannot make it and note that repeated non attendance might be reported to Internations management and might result in your removal from any future guest list.